ABOUT PATTAYA AND SOME OF ITS COMMONLY SEEN TURTLES
Pattaya is a very famous island located in the Chonburi district in Thailand. It is located on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand and about 100 kilometers from the southeast of Bangkok. The weather is beautiful here, having a tropical wet and dry climate.
Pattaya island is one of Asia’s largest beach resorts. So its hype can be pretty much understood.
A trendy type of marine turtle, which is called the Hawksbill turtles, is seen almost every day at the Pattaya islands. This is a rare sight at other locations. The turtles love to see and swim in the tropical areas of waters in Pattaya. It is a common thought that these turtles do not like to go to the deeper waterside and prefer only the coastal areas. Anyhow, we can still see them visually if we go as deep as 30m if wreck diving through Pattaya’s local shipwrecks.
Another type of marine turtle that can be seen at Pattaya is the Green turtles. Besides the distinct features of the two, it is still quite easy to spot the difference as the Green turtle’s nose is much rounder than its hawksbill brother.
These both are very pleasant to look at, tourists do come here and have a wonderful time.
Some facts about Thailand’s sea turtles :
- Sea turtles are a type of reptile. They have a cold-blooded nature. Their skin is scaly, and they lay eggs on land.
- Sea turtles like to stay in areas with warm temperatures.
- These marine turtles use their front flippers for moving ahead or forward and their rear flippers for steering.
- Thailand fully protects its turtles.
- Thailand now has several turtle conservation centers. The more famous ones being the Thai Mueang National Park beach and The Mai Khao Sea Turtle Conservation.
- The Turtle population has reduced by more than 85% for the past few years. We have the last remaining vital species here in Pattaya, Thailand.
Sea creatures are one of the most beautiful animals to look at. The majority of sea turtles can be found in tropical and subtropical water areas. Swimming with these ancient reptiles is not something that everyone knows about. It is called a treasured dive experience by people who have done it. The sea turtles have a friendly attitude, and their cute facial expressions make it even more enjoyable for the divers. Fortunately, there are plenty of beautiful places to encounter sea turtles worldwide, including Pattaya Island in Thailand.
THE SEAFARI EXPERIENCE
Here at SEAFARI DIVE CENTRE, you will get to experience a lifetime opportunity to dive with these beautiful creatures. We cater to everyone, so it does not matter if you are a beginner or an expert. We aim to make this adventure cherishable to everyone. We make our experience for you entirely worth every penny you pay!
With the help of our highly learned experts and the latest technology and equipment available for you, we promise you will have the unique experience ever.
Would you like to come to our Dive Center in Soi 12, Pattaya? Meet our lovely staff before you book a trip. We are open daily, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.